Chapter 9 - Support for Patients, Family and Caregivers
There are two ways of spreading light:
to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.
— Edith Wharton
In this section, we provide information and resources about support organizations and programs that may help you and your family. We focus on five main areas of support:
- Breast cancer patient and survivor
- Family, partners and caregivers
- Children who have a parent with breast cancer
- North Carolina support groups for breast cancer patients, family, and caregivers
- Women Building Bridges peer support program (Chapter 10: Women Building Bridges)
We offer suggestions for ways to cope and recover, and we provide a variety of sources to learn more. While information may change over the course of time, hopefully, you will be able to find what you need to help you through your challenge.